03 June 2011

Introductions Are In Order

You may call me Ig.

Elsewhere, under a different pseudonym, I blog about a serious societal issue. Though I frequently wish to add my $0.02 on various other issues, I have long refrained from doing so on my other blog. This blog will allow me express my thoughts in a public forum that won't detract from my serious work.

I prefer to write about questions that have, at least in theory, definitive answers. I refer to such  questions as knowble. I realize the more commonly accepted word is "knowable," but I don't care for that word. It doesn't roll smoothly off the tongue, and I hereby banish it from this blog.

Examples of questions that are theoretically knowble are:
  • Is the Earth warming?
  • Can we afford Medicare as it stands?
  • Can catfish predict earthquakes?
As a corollary, I prefer not to write about questions that do not have definitive answers. I refer to such questions as igknowble. I realize this isn't even close to the more commonly accepted word "unknowable," but I care less for that word than I do for "knowable." It's even less smooth. I hereby banish it from this blog.

Examples of questions that are igknowble are:
  • What is the meaning of life?
  • Is abortion a good thing or a bad thing?
  • Why was Pauly Shore ever popular?
Since I intend to write about that which is knowble and ignore that which is igknowble, it seems as if I have misnamed my blog. I have an explanation. It's amazing how many clever Internet names that cannot possibly be already taken, are. And since I've always had an unwholesome penchant for the word "ignoble" (I've actually used it in my writing) I simply went with Igknowble.

In my posts, I may occasionally rely on arcane cultural references, such as the YouTube clip I've embedded below. It's from The Great Race. I justify its inclusion simply because I used the word "banish" twice already, and the clip includes the sentence:

"I don't care. I don't care. You're banished. I'm getting a new tucker-inner. Banished, banished, banished."

That's some great writing, that's for sure. The clip also includes Natalie Wood running around in a corset, but that's beside the point.


Now, I surprise myself. My next post will be about Weinergate rather than anything substantive. Hopefully, future posts will be about matters more noble, but for now I will plumb the depths of sex and politics.

Perhaps I have named this blog properly.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment