04 June 2011

The Road Not Taken

My intent regarding Weinergate had been to write about how it is a knowble story, that the truth behind the matter was out there, that some people were trying to bring the evidence to the forefront while others were trying to keep the evidence suppressed. The desire to expose or reveal evidence, usually based on bias or preconceived notions, is by no means limited to cases of sexual impropriety.

Information is power. It is frequently used as weaponry. I prefer to use it for enlightenment.

Other than the philosophical discussion outlined above, I have nothing unique to add to the story. I'm therefore going to default on my previously announced plans of writing further about it. Given that I have upwards of zero readers at this point, I'll take a pass on apologizing to any of you who may be disappointed.

Instead, I'm going to write about some serious problems our country faces. I believe I have a grand solution for some of them. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment